Friday, July 17, 2009

So after I left Richmond in Summer of 06 I tried to find a band through friends already living in Chicago. I didn't have much luck in finding a nice underground group, but instead found myself playing with some guys who wanted to be real rock stars. I was down, and we ended up recording some songs in the studio of a world class advertising agency. It was pretty awesome!

Rough
Don't Say I Didn't Warn You
Love To Hate You

They're still playing with a different bassist and drummer under the moniker, Destructive Playthings.

While I was playing with those guys, I recorded this track which is more along the lines of the music I like playing. I'm not sure why, but I just really love fake drums. I don't know if it's the control freak in me, or just annoyance of human drummers.

My Creation Myth Is Better Than Yours


After I got back I started playing with some of my old bandmates from the Bunny Rabbits, Mat and David, and we formed the Gilmore Guys. This project kind of fizzled apart after a while and I started doing a rap project with my roommate, Frank. Lou Dimey Music...

Six-Four
Fourth Meal
3rd Song
69th District
Daddy's Back

Lou Dimey was possible cause Frank's brother let us keep his Tascam at the house, and after a bit the Gilmore Guys was reconstituted as a studio project upon the demise of the Ten Commandments.


Available

Emotions
Next
Baby Inside Of Me
Learning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home