Saturday, July 29, 2006

As I go through my boxes and boxes of tapes looking for obscure content for the blog, every once in a while I'll come across some 4-Track master tapes. Today I took a few minutes to mix down some songs.

The first one is off a tape labeled "Voyager Master." I'm not sure who exactly plays on it, but it is reminiscent of Piledriver, so I'm thinking Rydell Bixby on drums and Jared on keys/"vocals." I'm really not sure, though. This tune has kind of a Chrome feel to it.

Voyager

Next up is a David DiDonato song. I'm guessing this was recorded at our house on Hanover or maybe the one on Stuart. I have no idea how I ended up with this tape unless it's much older than I suspect, and it was recorded on my old 4-Track before I sold it to Mike Mehigan to pay back the money Mike Chapman loaned me to bail me out of jail. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Afterschool Special Girl

Finally we have two El Presidente songs with the original line-up of me, Mehigan, and Jarvis. I don't remember what we called the first one, but the main riff is from an old Satanic Muppet Show song called "Useless Worthless" so that's a good enough title. Other song is called what it is cause it was really hard to nail down.

Useless Worthless
Problem Child

3 Comments:

Blogger nonongerinterested said...

i just downloaded the fuck outta yr stuff.

is that the complete Jolly Mortals, or do i need more?

let the gumes begume.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was the worst mix of problem child i ever heard. were you even wearing headphones?

do you got any more of that shit? It brings me back......

7:08 PM  
Blogger John Swart said...

Believe me, the source tape was a garbled mess. I'll look around and try to dig up some more tapes.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home